We are currently seeking full-time, permanent Press Assistants to join our Manufacturing Team. As a Press Assistant, you will work closely with the Press Operator to provide support in the operation of various presses and related equipment used in the production of lottery tickets. The Press Assistant is required to work in a variety of different areas within the pressroom and on several different presses and equipment, as required.
Our shifts are fixed twelve-hour shifts as below:
- Sun-Tue (7am – 7pm OR 7pm-7am)
- Wed-Fri (7am – 7pm OR 7pm – 7am)
The shifts above require a bi-weekly Saturday scheduled shift, this schedule includes regular overtime hours. There is an hourly premium, paid for all night shift hours worked.
Availability to work and cover on other shifts, including overtime, will be a requirement.
Please indicate your shift preferences on your application.
What you will do
- Assist with safe and efficient operation of presses as assigned; includes loading and unloading rolls of paper or tickets, inspect material & print quality, monitor supplies and log production information
- Ensure production targets are met and products printed are in accordance with game specifications, quality and PBL standards
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean and organized
- Complete changeovers, minor preventative maintenance and routine repairs
- Adhere to all company’s prodecures and policies with respect to operation, health & safety, and security
Who you are
- A highly motivated self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to organize, prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- A responsible individual who can work under pressure and maintain accuracy with strong attention to detail
What you will need
- High School or general education degree (GED)
- Demonstrated and proven mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for long periods
- Technical Printing Certification and/or experience in a production environment would be considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.