We’re looking for a Senior System Administrator specializing in Wintel to join our Information Technology Infrastructure group. This full-time permanent position will provide direct technical and administrative support to high-availability production systems in a medium enterprise-level manufacturing environment.
The Senior System Administrator – Wintel is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure, including participation in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
What you will do
System Administration and Provisioning
- Engineering of Microsoft Windows systems solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Carrying a cell phone and being on-call on a rotational basis.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Deploy software packages to workstations using Microsoft SCCM.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting and ongoing performance tuning.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Who you are
- Highly motivated and self-starter who takes the initiative with minimal supervision along with the ability to effectively work in a collaborative team environment.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable collaborating with other functional teams and building relationships internally and externally.
- Great communicator with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to teamwork with the ability to make quality contributions toward team goals.
What you will need
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of system administration experience with Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016 operating systems
- Specialist in Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy in medium to large-scale environments
- Expert in maintaining server environments, including security patches, hotfixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades
- High proficiency with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and practical knowledge of SCOM
- Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server and XenDesktop preferred
- Successfully delivered Office 365 implementations covering AD Federation Services, Directory Synchronization, as well as management and configuration of O365
- Strong scripting experience with Powershell is preferred
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to recommend best fit technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to make well-informed strategic decisions
- Availability to occasionally work after-hours and on-call
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.