We seek an intelligent, dedicated and driven individual to join our Digital Solutions Team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a passion for leading, managing and developing digital software applications, including interactive games, chatbots, mobile applications, websites, online lucky drawings and other new innovative products. Reporting to the Director of Digital Solutions, this role will lead a group of developers, provide direction for application architecture design, and oversee projects through all phases of product development.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and lead a team of software developers, including assigning tasks, monitoring progress, and providing feedback and coaching.
- Ensure the software development process is well-defined, documented, and followed consistently across the team.
- Monitor and improve software quality by establishing and enforcing development standards and best practices, conducting code reviews, and ensuring the team uses appropriate testing methodologies.
- Identify and resolve technical and non-technical issues that may arise during the development process.
- Provide work estimates, and manage team schedule and project backlog to improve the organizational visibility into the work being performed.
- Liaise with the internal business teams and the customers to translate business objectives into technical requirements.
- Play a key role in creating and delivering fully functional and tested software solutions and bringing them to market.
- Collaborate with internal technology stakeholders (IT Ops, DevOps, Security, QA, and Architecture) in developing digital products.
- Drive department continuous improvement, standardization and process initiatives.
- Understand the corporate vision for digital products and set appropriate goals and objectives for the development team.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and contractors as needed.
- Stay informed of industry best practices, trends, and new technologies to identify new opportunities to help improve standards, coding practices and delivery.
Who You Are
- A natural-born leader with the ability to coach, mentor and support high team morale.
- An analytical leader who applies strong attention to detail to work for accuracy.
- A good listener with excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers.
- An organized, self-motivated individual who can complete high-priority tasks and deliver projects on time.
- A resourceful problem-solver who can use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to plan for and investigate issues proactively.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, with at least 2 years in a leadership or management role.
- Experience in working with distributed cross-functional teams, including product management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to take the initiative and delegate accordingly.
- Ability to manage projects, handle multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities with agility.
- Comfortability in navigating ambiguity and facilitating discussion to solve complex problems.
- Working knowledge of Web, iOS and/or Android development, REST APIs, Agile Scrum Methodology, AWS Cloud Infrastructure, and Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira).
- Familiarity with web development frameworks, cross-platform mobile app development frameworks and project management principles are asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.