Pollard Banknote Limited seeks a passionate, self-motivated, experienced Solution Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture team. The role has an enterprise-level span, including Pollard Digital Solutions with customers worldwide and product engineering teams in Canada, Iceland, Serbia and the UK. The Solution Architect works with business stakeholders, product managers, engineering, and technology teams to drive the development of solution architectures for Pollard Banknote’s world-class lottery platform, products and gaming experiences. This includes a mix of business and software architecture, leveraging advanced web technologies and cloud services in a modern product delivery organization. The solution architect works across the organization to create and evolve lottery solutions, platforms and business capabilities. Using a consultative approach, they lead the architecture development process to ensure that solutions are cohesive and aligned with customer needs, strategic objectives, and the industry’s stringent performance, reliability, security and compliance standards
What You’ll Do
- Lead the architecture development process for complex, cross-domain solutions supporting product roadmaps and customer implementations.
- Engage with customers and product teams to implement our products and services with an understanding of each customer’s unique operating environment, strategies and goals.
- Work collaboratively with an extended team of domain and technology architects to focus on the alignment of all aspects of the architecture, inclusive of business, application, information and technology.
- Research, analyze and translate stakeholder requirements into architectural needs – both functional and non-functional.
- Perform research and architecture assessments on third-party solutions, and platform components.
- Facilitate well-reasoned and efficient architecture decision-making and recommendations.
- Improve the understandability of complex problem spaces with new mental models and architecture diagrams.
- Provide expertise in some architectural domains, based on your unique experience and skillsets.
- Support product development teams with architecture research, capability roadmaps, assessments and recommendations.
- Support business development activities through customer needs analysis, solution architecture, and the development of functional and non-functional architectural specifications.
Who You Are
- You have a forward-thinking, innovative, yet pragmatic approach to architecting solutions.
- You have an equal part focus on driving business value and quality architectures.
- You are a professional and collaborative team player that views solution architecture as an enabler – servant leadership focused on enabling teams to deliver their best.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working in a variety of solution domains. For example: identity and access management, content management, personalization, transactional processing, systems integration, data warehousing, and analytics.
- Demonstrated experience architecting enterprise and domain-specific solutions within incremental delivery and agile methods.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to translate complex multi-faceted business challenges into cohesive architectural visions, strategies and plans.
- Ability to share knowledge through patterns and best practices, emphasizing modern web and cloud platform technologies, micro-services architectures and domain-driven design.
- Experience architecting cloud-native solutions leveraging AWS or equivalent platforms.
- Solid understanding of non-functional requirements and architectural strategies for high performance, reliability, security and compliance.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong visual communication and diagramming skills.
- Lightweight project management skills backed by strong personal and team organizational abilities.
- Experience in the lottery and gaming industry is certainly an asset, but not required.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.