We are looking for hands-on, driven individual to join our fast-paced environment as a Senior Application Developer. The ideal candidate is relentless and will play a key role in driving the implementation of innovative digital solutions. Reporting to the Director of Game Development, the Senior Application Developer will be responsible for implementing software solutions in support of Game Generation applications, systems and base source code, ultimately servicing the efficient and effective production of lottery gaming software and data under the department’s day to day operations.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with team members to deliver exceptional products and solutions to Lottery partners.
- Deliver fully functional and tested software solutions that meet all defined business and customer requirements
- Meet development targets ensuring project deadlines are met
- Assist in leading the design and conceptualization of solutions to achieve project goals and requirements.
- Support and maintain deployed software solutions as required.
- Technical lead when solutioning higher complexity developments, providing recommendations for decision making.
- Develop complex models that meet architectural specifications, learn new technologies, assist in code reviews, and write documentation in approved formats
- Steer the development team’s continuous improvement and initiatives
- May be put in a position to peer review other Application Developers software and solutions.
- Actively clean up bad code when identified.
- Provide mentoring, advice and knowledge transfer (training) to other Application Developers.
- Document and communicate policy and standards for application and software programming
Who You Are
- A highly motivated, creative team leader who is passionate about delivering results
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high priority tasks
- An effective decision-maker with the ability to mentor developers to achieve goals through clear instruction
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues
What You’ll Need
- Post-Secondary education in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- 5 + years’ experience in application/software design and development
- Experience in working within an Agile Development framework (e.g. SCRUM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications
- High technical aptitude; technical knowledge regarding systems and applications with full software development life cycle
- Experience with Web technologies, Web Services and frameworks would be an asset
- Understanding of project management principles would be an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.