We are looking for a driven individual to join our fast-paced and hands-on environment as a Lead Application Developer. The Lead plays a crucial role in driving the implementation of innovative applications in the Lottery Management Services (LMS) Department. Reporting to the Manager, Application Development, this role will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing software B2B applications, including responsive web applications in support of the lottery industry.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On-Site Gym
- Free Parking
What You’ll Do
- Work with our Manager of LMS and Product Owners to lead the development team, develop estimates, participate in Sprint ceremonies, and assist with Agile planning practices.
- Collaborate with the team to design, build, test, and deploy high-quality software to Pollard’s customers.
- Meet development targets and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Offer technical problem-solving / technical analysis skills to the team.
- Support existing and new innovations following established practices and policies.
Who You Are
- A highly motivated, creative team player who is passionate about delivering results
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to work with the team effectively
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high-priority tasks
- Hands-on approach and involved in the design of applications
- An effective decision-maker with the ability to mentor developers to achieve goals through clear instruction
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to plan for and investigate issues proactively
What You’ll Bring
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with ReactJs and Spring Boot
- Proficiency with databases like MySQL and experience with SQL
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset.
- Experience with DevOps practices, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and technologies such as Jenkins is considered an asset.
- Experience working with distributed cross-functional teams, including product management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to take the initiative and delegate accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.