We’re looking for a versatile Business Analyst to join our Digital Solutions Team within our Winnipeg Corporate Head Office located at 140 Otter Street.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for working with various internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, manage planning and lifecycle management of digital solutions for the Lottery industry. You will maintain product backlog, create a product roadmap, direct the project team, and assist in systems analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Liaise with Business and Development teams to facilitate the development of new digital products and enhance existing products.
- Work with the Product Owner and other internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and maintain the product backlog and roadmap.
- Perform System Analysis and deliver technical solutions to address system break-fix and change requests as part of deliverables.
- Solicit goals and requirements (functional and non-functional) through interviews, workshops, and reviews of existing documentation/procedures.
- Ensure analysis is sufficiently on track and in front of development far enough to ensure the next successful iteration.
- Author and complete refined and measurable user stories to ensure comprehension of stories by Project Team members, including the review of any applicable wireframe mockups, tasks required to complete the user story, and relevant acceptance criteria.
- Apply an excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., Agile, RUP, Waterfall, Scrum) to deliver functionality.
- Provide thought leadership in business and system analysis approaches.
Who You Are
- A person with a track record of delivering complex solutions within the budget allocated.
- Someone who can navigate multiple deadlines and manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Someone with good organizational skills coupled with keen attention to detail.
- Someone with the ability to use insights and report on actions and solutions.
- Someone who can establish and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Continuous learner who goes above and beyond to get the job done.
What You’ll Need
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in Business or System Analysis.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of technology trends across the industry and best practices within the Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, inclusive of Scrum/Iterations, incremental releases, user stories, and Kanban technique.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, etc.).
- Familiarity with IT Service Management processes (change, incident, problem, and service request).
- Understanding of SQL, XML and JSON is considered an asset.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certificate in Agile is considered an asset.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.