We’re looking for an adept Proposal Writer to join our Business Development Team within our Winnipeg Head Office located at 140 Otter street.
As a Proposal Writer, you will learn about Lottery products and solutions and engage subject matter experts to deepen your understanding. You will then apply your learnings into a written deliverable that is clear and persuasive with some marketing flair.
We invite you to peruse our press releases to read about our company’s most recent contract awards. These awards are the product of proposals completed by our Proposal Writers, as well as the combined efforts of various departments across our organization.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On Site Gym
- A variety of committee driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
- A large variety of writing assignments.
- A hybrid work environment
What You’ll Do
- Create written content on a wide range of topics across all aspects of our business including instant tickets, digital products, and retail merchandising—in a variety of formats, including proposals, press releases, and trade magazine articles.
- Work with subject matter experts to create responses through storytelling.
- Lead, plan and manage project deliverables including project scheduling, running meetings, and collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders.
Who You Are
- Someone with business acumen, who is highly curious and has demonstrated ability in shaping written content to appeal to a customer’s perspective.
- Someone who embraces the written content development and review process.
- Ability to learn about highly technical aspects of our business to convey that information to a non-technical audience.
- Someone who enjoys learning how to develop a plan and action the various steps of our writing process.
- Detail-oriented, organized and thrives in a fast-paced self-directed work environment.
- Appreciates the power of collaboration and being a valuable member of a thriving, highly valued team.
What You’ll Bring
- Demonstrable writing skills including experience with long form writing projects.
- Experience leading and managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with project ambiguity and complexity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, specifically Word. PowerPoint skills would also be valuable.
- Submit three (3) writing samples and a brief statement explaining why you chose to include each.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.