We’re looking for exceptional Pressroom Supervisor to join our Press Department team within our Ypsilanti Plant at 775 James L Hart Parkway.
The Pressroom Supervisor has the overall responsibility of scheduling crews, payroll, disciplinary actions, coordinating maintenance and repairs of the equipment, maintaining pressroom supplies, ensures the staff has the proper tools to operate the equipment safely and efficiently, ensures ink inventories are maintained for continuous operation of the equipment. Pressroom Supervisor also coaches individual and team performance of employees, record attendance, and perform payroll responsibilities in Kronos. Understanding of flexo/digital printing press manufacturing process, color management experience, differentiating the different types of stocks, ink, and cold foil, and understanding of lead times for products. Help to differentiate quality issues with raw materials, understand how to perform the 5 why analysis to identify the cause of the issue and able to execute and implement the resolution.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension & 401K
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Free Parking
What You’ll Do
- Provide support to front line staff in pressroom.
- Continuous Improvement Projects
- Ensure clerical duties are completed in a timely manner: Staff scheduling, vacation scheduling, payroll entries into Kronos.
- Color approvals on the press
- Maintain Pressroom inventory and order supplies as needed.
Who You Are
- Driven to Succeed
- Problem Solver and Organized
- Analytical Thinker
- Inspires the team
- Demonstrate Integrity
What You’ll Bring
- Proficient in Excel to create detailed spreadsheets and formulas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical skills
- Utilize resources to successfully meet customer expectations/specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Travel Requirement: Minimal
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to HR_Ypsilanti@pbl.ca.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.