We’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated, and experienced Data Platform Engineer to join our Technology team.
As a Data Platform Engineer with us, your mission will be to take an active part in designing and building a future cloud-based data platform for Pollard Digital Solutions. We practice Agile Software Development where shared responsibility, cooperation, and team spirit are valued.
What We Offer
- A truly great working environment
- Modern office space in Belgrade with high quality equipment
- Private health insurance
- Happy Fridays
- Social activities
- Events that encourage innovation
- Attending conferences and community events, both as participants and contributors
What You’ll Do
- Work in a cross-functional scrum team.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Identify, design, and optimize data delivery, designing infrastructure for great scalability.
- Assemble large data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction loading and transformation of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centers and regions.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Build a continuous testing environment for production workloads; track and fix errors; engineer development, test, and production environments to speed deployment and improve quality.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Participate in the integration of QuickSight with other AWS services such as Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, and others.
- Activities including reviewing documents, participating in workshops, writing and reviewing requirements.
- Participate in continual improvements of the processes in the team as well as on the company level.
- Collaborate with development teams and stakeholders to understand testing requirements and provide feedback.
- Troubleshoot and debug any issues that arise during the testing process.
- Assist the project and release planning.
- Follow new tools and technologies and implement them in your daily work.
Who You Are
- A proficient communicator with excellent team work skills.
- Someone with a strong commitment to staying organized and has a disciplined work ethic.
- Driven to consistently achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Equipped with a strong analytical mindset and a talent for proactive problem solving
- Eager to learn as well as share knowledge and ideas with co-workers.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years relevant experience in BI development, with a preference for Data platform Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis software such as Quicksight, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik or other.
- 3+ years of experience with databases and ETL software such as Redshift databases and Informatica intelligent cloud services (IICS).
- In-depth understanding of web applications and their functioning.
- Previous experience with testing web services and APIs is an asset.
- Proficiency in writing and running SQL queries.
- Basic knowledge of OOP programming is an asset.
- Familiarity with Linux systems is an advantage.
- Knowledge of versioning systems (git, svn).
- Knowledge of any issue tracking system (JIRA, TFS, HPQC…).
- Experience working in an agile environment would be an asset.
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.