We’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated, and experienced Principal Application Architect to join our Architecture team.
As a Senior Application Architect, with us you will be responsible for the architecture and technical capabilities of the Pollard Lottery Solution. You will work with business stakeholders, product managers, and technology teams to drive the development of application architectures for Pollard Banknote’s world-class lottery platform, products and gaming experiences.
You will work collaboratively with the team of architects to ensure alignment with the overall application architecture, and closely with the Principal Product Managers to shape the business and technical capabilities of the Pollard Lottery Solution. This role reports into the Director of Architecture Gaming Solutions.
What We Offer
- Extensive training when entering the company as well as throughout the employment introducing new technologies and work methods
- Modern office space in Belgrade
- High quality office equipment
- Agile work methodologies
- Private health insurance
- Happy Fridays
- Social activities
- Events that encourage innovation
- Being part of one of the largest Gaming Company in Europe
- Participate in the growth of the office in Belgrade
- Work in an international environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Possibility of traveling
What You’ll Do
- Lead the architecture development process for complex, cross-domain solutions supporting product roadmaps and customer implementations.
- Engage with customers and product teams to implement our products and services with an understanding of each customer’s unique operating environment, strategies and goals.
- Participate in defining and executing technical strategy in cooperation with the architecture team.
- Work collaboratively with an extended team of domain and technology architects to focus on the alignment of all aspects of the architecture, inclusive of business, application, information and technology.
- Research, analyze and translate stakeholder requirements into architectural needs – both functional and non-functional.
- Lead PoCs that to evaluate architecture and technical options.
- Perform research and architecture assessments on third-party solutions, and platform components.
- Facilitate well-reasoned and efficient architecture decision-making and recommendations.
- Ensure system architectures are consistent with the organizational technology strategy.
- Mentor junior architects and lead cross-functional teams in understanding complex problem spaces through new mental models and architecture diagrams.
- Improve the understandability of complex problem spaces with new mental models and architecture diagrams.
- Provide expertise in some architectural domains, based on your unique experience and skillsets.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Support product development teams with architecture research, capability roadmaps, assessments and recommendations.
- Support business development activities through customer needs analysis, solution architecture, and the development of functional and non-functional architectural specifications.
Who You Are
- You have a forward-thinking, innovative, yet pragmatic approach to architecting solutions.
- You have an equal part focus on driving business value and quality architectures.
- You are a professional and collaborative team player that views solution architecture as an enabler.
- You practice servant leadership, empowering your teams and fostering a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Security-minded person.
What You’ll Bring
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a similar field
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development
- 4+ years of engineering leadership experience – managing multiple teams and/or locations
- Good Understanding of cloud-based development methodologies, microservice architecture, and state-of-the-art software application design patterns
- Ability to articulate architecture patterns of complex systems, with business and technical implications, to executive and customer stakeholders
- Strong visual communication and diagramming skills
- Lightweight project management skills backed by strong personal and team organizational abilities.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, positive attitude, and delivery focus
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.