We’re looking for a detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to join our Finance team within our Winnipeg Office.
As a Payroll Specialist, with us you will be responsible for completing the entire payroll process, including onboarding, pay processing, and offboarding, with a focus on accuracy, compliance, and prompt responses to employee and management inquiries. You will also maintain precise payroll records and contribute to a positive work culture through their continuous improvement efforts.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On Site Gym
- A variety of committee driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate and accurately administer the full cycle payroll.
- Continuously enhance payroll processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness, identifying and implementing necessary improvements.
- Administer vacation accrual policies.
- Handle terminations while ensuring compliance with ROE and employment standards, and any special requirements.
- Prepare and reconcile payroll earnings, deductions, and various remittances.
- Respond to all internal and external payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
- Balance and reconcile payroll accounts by auditing information, identifying, and resolving discrepancies, including monthly, quarterly, annual and year end T4 process.
- Compile and monitor various reports, including payroll metrics, staff employee counts and ad hoc report requests.
- Stay abreast of Payroll field in respect to legislative and legal requirements, company policies, plays an integral role in ensuring process or system updates are administered.
- Support external audits with necessary documentation including responding to inquiries.
- Promote an employee-friendly culture and build positive relationships with the team.
Who You Are
- An individual who possesses a strong focus on customer service, ensuring clients consistently receive the highest level of satisfaction.
- Someone who exhibits meticulous attention to detail, demonstrating the ability to multi-task with precision and accuracy.
- An individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Someone who has exceptional time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, enabling the seamless handling of multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Someone who demonstrates a deep respect for sensitive and confidential information, understanding the importance of maintaining privacy and trust.
- An individual who embraces a collaborative approach within the team, actively engaging to contribute to a positive and productive work atmosphere.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years’ payroll processing experience
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate (PCP) or working towards completion.
- Proficient in payroll regulations and Employment standards provisions in Manitoba, Alberta, and Ontario.
- ADP experience required; experience within ADP WFN version and Kronos knowledge is a strong asset.
- Process documentation experience and development of training resources is required.
- Pension Administration experience would be considered a strong asset.
- Familiarity with U.S. payroll is considered an asset.
- Exceptional computer skills, including payroll systems, Microsoft Suite of products with particular expertise with Excel.
- Understanding of accounting and HR fundamentals.
- Strong analytical approach with a focus on broader goals.
- Proven relationship building skills.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.