We’re seeking an experienced and motivated Process Control Engineer to join our Corporate Engineering team within our Winnipeg Head Office.
As a Process Control Engineer, you will provide high-quality technical support for Plant Manufacturing processes and Corporate Engineering projects, reporting directly to the Director, Corporate Engineering and Maintenance.
You will lead and participate in multidisciplinary projects and interact with internal technical resources and external vendors with a focus on creating project plans and project budgets. You will conduct the next steps of design and development, building and assembling, installation, commissioning, startup, and support phases of the complete project life cycle.
You will also take responsibility for promoting and enabling the sharing and implementation of internal and external industry best practices throughout the organization.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On Site Gym
- A variety of committee driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and implement software and hardware improvements to existing automated equipment according to company procedures.
- Develop and implement new automated processes, including designing, integration, and programming of control systems.
- Ensure all industrial automation and control equipment design and maintenance practices meet or exceed OEM specifications and comply with the local codes and regulations as well as ISA, CSA, NFPA and other relevant standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any problems related to process control systems, including equipment hardware failures, settings, algorithms, or program errors and communication network issues.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses for process control & automation projects.
- Apply project management tools to meet technical, cost and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineers, technical staff, and stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Optimize process control systems to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and minimize downtime.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, contractors, and service providers.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in industrial automation technology and recommend innovative solutions to enhance operations.
- Provide training and support to operators and maintenance personnel on the use of process control systems.
Who You Are
- Highly organized individual adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing time management tools and working proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective written and verbal communication communicator, focused on developing clear and concise messages, meeting the company’s objectives.
- Self-driven professional, able to work with minimal supervision to achieve business goals.
- Passionate leader, leading by example, guiding and supporting junior employees’ development and success, ensuring full engagement of team members.
- A positive problem-solver perceives problems and challenges as opportunities for change and improvement.
What You’ll Bring
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a related engineering discipline. Combinations of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- 2 + years in a Manufacturing industry in a similar role capacity,
- Experience developing and editing engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans.
- Familiarity with regulatory and safety standards related to process control systems, such as ISA, CSA, NFPA and other relevant standards.
- Experience with continuous improvement strategy and structured problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with a cross-functional team.
- Experience in printing and converting, packaging, or finishing environment processing of paper, foil and film is an asset.
- Knowledge of flexographic, offset and digital printing and related technologies (i.e. plate-making, pre-press, etc.), is an asset.
- Ability to support and develop systems based on industrial control platforms such as Rockwell, Siemens, Bosch-Rexroth, Beckhoff, is an asset.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the USA.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.