We are looking for a motivated Application Developer to join our Digital Solutions Team within our Winnipeg Head Office.
As an Application Developer, you will play a key role in driving the implementation of innovative digital solutions. You will work with the latest technology and will be responsible for designing, developing and testing digital software applications, including mobile applications, websites, widget frameworks, interactive games and other new innovative products.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On Site Gym
- A variety of committee driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
- A hybrid work environment
What You’ll Do
- Analyze, architect, and develop scalable and reusable code using the best software development practices, clean code and solid principles.
- Work in a collaborative environment to deliver innovative solutions that meet all business and customer requirements.
- Define and create web and mobile-based applications and reusable interface components with Typescript and React.
- Assist in building a suite of tools and libraries for digital products to use, that support the development and maintenance of containerized microservice applications.
- Collaborate with different teams and departments to sync for the ongoing projects and any new projects coming.
- Stay up-to-date with advanced technologies in order to be able to provide the best solutions for new projects.
Who You Are
- A creative team player who is passionate about technology.
- A good listener who has excellent written and oral communication skills to work with the team, senior management, and customers.
- Someone who is analytical with strong attention to detail skills.
- A continuous learner who wants to learn and apply best practices in day-to-day work.
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to plan for and investigate issues proactively
What You’ll Bring
- 1+ year of application development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in programming languages: PHP, Java, React, Angular and TypeScript; and relational databases like MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Web, iOS and/or Android development and related frameworks
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite.
- Experience documenting technical specifications.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.