We are looking for a hands-on, technology-driven Associate Product Manager to join our fast-paced environment in the Digital Solutions Team within our Winnipeg Head Office.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will work closely with other Product Managers and development teams to contribute towards product discovery, development, and delivery of our world-class lottery platform, products, and experiences. You’ll make sound decisions based on value, and will communicate product goals to both customers and project teams to help prioritize and evaluate the work generated by our Product teams to ensure the development of features and functionality meet the expectations of our customers.
With opportunities for growth and advancement within the role, this position is perfect for someone looking to build a fulfilling and rewarding career in product management.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On Site Gym
- A variety of committee driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
- A hybrid work environment
What You’ll Do
- Assist product managers with user stories and requirements to guide product development.
- Participate in cross-functional teams with engineering, QA, and design to ensure features are developed and launched successfully.
- Support project management tasks such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, and team coordination.
- Assess business needs and create product requirement documents (PRD) outlining scope, cost and high-level timelines both from a technical and business perspective.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, assess tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and escalate as necessary.
- Plan and prioritize the sprint backlog, ensuring an adequate number of prepared stories/tasks are available for current and future development.
- Assist with developing product messaging and positioning to communicate the value of the product and its capabilities effectively.
- Contribute to the vision and direction of the overall product roadmap.
Who You Are
- Visual communicator utilizing wireframes, flowcharts, storyboards, etc. with the ability to collaborate across various teams.
- Customer-focused with an interest in delivering products to address customer needs.
- Creative thinker, showing potential in identifying new opportunities.
- Someone with a real willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
- Problem solving enthusiast with the desire to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Organized individual with great attention to detail, committed to delivering high-quality work.
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude and a willingness to take initiative and drive results.
- Someone who values quality, has keen attention to detail and knows when to say “No”.
What You’ll Bring
- 1-2 years of experience working with software products in a product management, product owner, business analyst, designer, or testing capacity.
- Hands-on working experience developing and delivering solutions for digital products.
- Post-secondary education in business administration, computer science, engineering, or any other relevant field.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Analytical mindset with an interest in data-driven decision-making. Knowledge of Analytics and BI platforms would be an asset.
- Experience and/or a keen interest in technology, digital applications and websites.
- Certification as a Scrum Master (CSM) OR Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is an asset.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.