This is an opportunity to join a team that delivers top tier IT services! We are seeking a strong analytical professional to join the Technology Service Team as DevOps Lead within our Winnipeg head office.
As DevOps Lead you will use the latest tools and technologies in the cloud. You will be tasked to make everyone and everything better by applying their skills to create automation pipelines to improve quality, efficiency, security and reduce costs. You will provide strategic and operational leadership for the team and Pollard Banknote’s clients.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On Site Gym
- A variety of committee driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
What You’ll Do
- Accountable for designing, building, and optimizing automation systems for CI/CD
- Collaborating with development teams to plan, develop, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and monitor delivery pipelines
- Writing design proposals, reports, manuals, and other technical documents
- Assisting with special projects or providing technical advice
- Staying current on industry developments and technologies
- Develop software development strategies for the successful deployment of software in a multitude of technology stacks
- Coach and mentor your DevOps team, along with the development and infrastructure groups on the best approaches to safely and securely release quality software
Who You Are
- Passionate for technology and automation
- Thorough, creative, communicative, and highly technical
- Genuine aptitude for software development standards and processes
- A continuous learner who goes above and beyond to get the job done
- A collaborative individual who communicates clearly in a timely fashion
- A highly adaptable team player who can juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- An analytical, detail-orientated problem-solver who identifies risks and gaps through critical thinking
- Self-motivated to succeed and confident to lead technical discussions for complex solutions for large-scale enterprise solutions
- Well versed in troubleshooting, debugging, and technical documentation
- A thought leader who can turn strategy into actionable work
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in a DevOps role
- Strong understanding of software development life cycles, coding standards & build life cycles, and automation
- Past team leadership experience
- Excellent research, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective planning & organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and adhere to budgets and timelines
- Experience with the below are considered assets:
- Containerization and kubernetes experience
- Software development in Java using Maven/Gradle
- Automation tooling – Jenkins
- AWS Cloud services: EC2 (Autoscaling), EBS, SNS, ECS, EKS, S3
- Cloud Automation via Terraform
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.